Snowmaking on the East Slope
2022 TORCHLIGHT PARADE
Advanced beginner terrain available from the Pine Quad.
Maine SKi Report Nov 30 to Dec 2 – 2021
Shawnee Peak October Update
October is one of our favorite months – the temps are dropping, the leaves change and there is the occasional snowfall or two! Yet, it is also a very busy month as we fine tune things in anticipation of Opening Day.
With that said we wanted to provide a few mountain updates:
- We are excited to share that the pizza deck is complete, the pizza station is in-place and we’ve installed a roof and plexiglass siding on half of the deck off of Blizzards.
- There will be a significant increase in outdoor seating throughout the base area, including more picnic tables and Adirondack chairs – don’t worry, we will have heat 🙂 as well as an outdoor beer garden and additional F&B options “to-go”
- Across the base area, we’ve placed considerable emphasis on making everything as touchless and simple as possible.
- Our ski school building has doubled in size and we plan to add a drop off parking zone for parents to drop off their children before lessons.
- The rental shop has also doubled in size, making it more efficient. We will be encouraging Guests to pre-register for rental equipment, so you can “grab and go.” Our new equipment has been arriving daily!
- On-hill, we have placed new HKD SV-10’s on Happiness Slope and will be installing permanent mounts on Upper Roosevelt, allowing us to open the upper East Side faster.
- The East Chair will have RFID gates!
- Purchasing tickets and lessons online, ahead of time, will be a key focus. We will have two pick-up boxes where you can scan your confirmation email to pick up your ticket or season pass. No more going to Guest Services to get your season’s pass!
- Lastly, but most importantly, we are in constant dialogue with the respective parties with regards to safe operations and will follow the National Ski Areas Association’s “Ski Well Be Well” guidelines and policies. As you know, things continue to evolve, so we will continue to adapt throughout the fall and winter.
- We do not expect to have to require reservations for skiing & riding.
NOW… we are excited to announce that the Night Pass will be released at noon on Tuesday, October 6th – save the date!! New this year, we’ll be offering a 3-step payment plan in conjunction with a buy-it-now price. Tell your friends!